Captain of the YearBack to Captain of the Year
Name: John Louis 2007 Dudas
Nickname: 2007 InTheBite Crews Choice Captain of the Year
Date of Birth: 1965-06-14
Home Town: Miami, Florida
Year Started Fishing: In 1966 to the Bahamas.
- How did you get involved in Big-game Sportfishing?
- I started with the chance of going with my father and learning all I could and grew up to share his passion.
- How has the sportfishing industry changed since you started?
- There are a lot more people involved with the entire industry now. There also are many more captains. It has grown so much, and there is a lot more technology with superior equipment.
- What are your favorite fishing places and why?
- South Florida because there is a huge variety of fish, and I have been fishing here all my life.
- Which places would you like to fish in the future and why?
- Venezuela because there is a huge variety of billfish.
- What would be your ultimate fishing goal?
- To always be on top of my game and to always cherish the friendship with my fellow fisherman.
- What is your favorite bait?
- Spanish sardines, goggle-eyes
- What is your favorite Lure?
- Black Bart
- What is your fishing line of choice?
- Momois High-Catch
- What is your favorite Reel Manufacturer?
- Favorite hook brand?
- Favorite Boat Manufacturer?
- Do you have a favorite tournament and if so why?
- Captain Bob Lewis Billfish Challenge because of its prestige. It involves the local industry and has the bonus of kite fishing history.
- What is the biggest fish you have caught?
- 912 lb. Mako
- What is the biggest fish you have released?
- 500 lb. Blue Marlin
- Do you have a preferred fishing style?
- Live bait kite fishing
- What is your most memorable day fishing?
- 35 sailfish caught in Miami.
- A favorite quote:
- When asked by my crew, "Where are the fish," I always answer, "In the water." They hate that.
- Hunting, spending time with my kids
- Captain's Log: